Welcome to Lodge Farm Kitchen – Cookery Courses
Experience days, Cookery Courses, Birthday Party’s, Vouchers, Lessons & Cookery Workshops.
The Cookery Courses are set in the beautiful setting of Lodge Farm in Bawburgh (10 mins from Norwich City Centre) in it’s modern Kitchen, the courses are taught by me Zena Leech-Calton, professional chef, cookery tutor, food writer & blogger with 30 years experience in catering. I trained at Norwich City College then again at Westminster as a pastry chef whilst working as a chef in London for over 10 years – I have now been teaching cookery for over 15 years. I specialise in Asian cuisine but have over 15 themes to choose from that I feel passionate about.
I love teaching, I love cooking and I love eating!
My best value class is the group cookery courses from £32 pp, grab some friends & family & book your self in, includes a sit down scoff! including weekends.
Cookery Courses Norfolk
Teaching Days and Times: – (Subject to availabity)
Tuesdays – 10am, 12pm, *1.45pm or 6.30pm (*pm – Group courses start at 1pm in term time)
Wednesdays – 10am, 12pm or *1.45pm or 6.30pm (*pm – Group courses start at 1pm in term time)
Thursdays – 11am or *1.45pm (*pm. Group courses start at 1pm in term time)
Saturdays – 10am or 2pm (Groups and Party’s only / no mini themes)
Closed the whole of August & the Christmas holidays.
Group Cookery Courses (for up to 6 / from £32 per person)
Up to 6 for £190 inc mid-week (mid-week term time) or £225 inc all other times, weekends, school hols and bank hols (no evenings) for a 3 hour session including ingredients, refreshments, a sit down feast and recipe booklet (see theme list below) (See Adults partys for bigger groups up to 10)
Mini Class – for 2 people
A Themed 2 hour cookery lesson for £110 – including all ingredients, refreshments and recipes. Chose from one of the themes below. Dishes to take away – Jam packed with at least 5 – 8 recipes from starters, sides, dips and mains, thats the best takeaway! (Please note limited teaching days & times above)
OR Mini Family Class / Inclusion
With the kids 1 -2 adults & 2 – 3 children (min age 7 – 15) anytime for £125 inc or Inclusion 1-3 learners & 1-2 carers. (Mid-week only, not available at weekends)
Children’s Birthday Parties
Up to 8 children including the birthday child plus two adult helpers needed (parents etc – you get fed!!!) £230 including Diner Hire for 3 hours of cookery fun, demos, refreshments, tasters and a sit down lunch in the American party Diner.
Choose from Pizza & Donuts / Burgers & Sundaes / Mexican & Churros / Wraps & Baking (£10 per additional children up to 10)
PLUS Adults Cookery Parties TOO (from £33 per person)
£265 for up to 8 (£15 per person up to 10), for 3 hours including Diner Hire. Go Large – up to an hour extra in the Diner including Tea & Coffee and home-made cookies for £25.
Corporate / Company Cookery Demo Days (from £30 per person)
As for a Go Large Adult cookery parties but up to 12 for £350 for 4 hours, hands on creative cookery, set to a theme, with activities, demos, recipe sheets and a sit down meal, including refreshments.
“The Milk Bar” –
Lodge Farm has its own 50’s style American diner for private hire, photo shoots & more – try our American Classics Cookery Course up to 6 including diner meal – See our diner site for details.
Why not Choose a THEME
- Thai One /or / Vegan or Vegetarian Thai
- Thai Two (only for those who’ve done Thai one)
- Japanese inc. Sushi
- Asian Street Food /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Asian (Mini Theme only)
- **Dim Sum (**Group Course only)
- Mexican /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Mexican
- Spanish Tapas /or / Vegan or Vegetarian Tapas
- Italian – Pasta & Antipasto /or / Vegetarian or Vegan Italian
- Middle Eastern
- American Diner Classics
- **Bread & Baking (**Group Course only)
- **Your Daily Bread (**Group Course only)
- Gluten Free Baking & Snacks
- Guide to Cooking & Preparing Fish (additional £10 mini / £20 group charge inclusive)
- The Perfect Christmas (Go Large Group Course only)
- NEW – – BBQ ‘Al Fresco’ Fire and Earth mid-week Group cookery course – click for info
- Thank you so much for Saturday Zena! We loved the class & the food was delicious �� I’d love to come & do an Indian course next!!! X
- Thanks for a great morning Zena – We are all fired up to cook authentic Mexican from Norfolk to Somerset 😎
- Thanks for a great morning of making pizzas and donuts. We all had a great time and will definitely come back for another go! Xx
- Brilliant morning of bread and baking – thank you for sharing your kitchen and your expertise x
- Thank you Zena for our very enjoyable morning with you learning and cooking Thai food. We’ve just enjoyed the fruits of our lesson and very much appreciated by husbands too. What a beautiful home you have in an idyllic location.
- A brief but sincere ‘thank you’ for this afternoon. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and your very effective teaching, Jeremy now fired up to take a course with his children. Many thanks again, Ron.
- We just wanted to thank you again for yesterday, thank you for all your efforts and research for gluten free recipes, we both had a lovely afternoon and really appreciated everything you did. Very much looking forward to trying more of your recipes and including a new mix of flavours and ingredients into our cooking. We all got a thumbs up from Milo too which is high praise indeed!
- Thank you for the brilliant Mexican Cookery lesson Zena 👍 We learned such a lot and had great fun too! You are a very patient teacher. When we got home we all tucked into our creations with gusto! Not a scrap left! I would give anyone a recommendation to book a course as a birthday present. We felt it was great value for money. Michelle G.
Just a note to say we really enjoyed cooking yesterday afternoon. Think I may try cutting up a chicken this weekend. Thanks again. Lucy
- Thank you for a great afternoon! I learnt so much. It was a wonderful gift from my friends for my birthday! Looking forward to my dinner! Great meeting you and wishing you every success for the future. X Lesa.
Contact me for more information