Archer's of Norwich was established in 1929 by John Archer who started in Norwich's famous provisions market. John founded the shop on Plumstead Road that still exists to this day. His son, James (Jimmy) Archer, came into the trade as soon as he was allowed to leave school and in the early 80s bought the business from his father. Since then the business developed and the shop doubled in size to cope with the extra demand, and a delicatessen and baguette takeaway were added.
We are happy to announce we are now members of the Proudly Norfolk Food and Drink. This is an initiative of Norfolk Food & Drink acknowledging local producers who have passion and integrity in their business and the products they produce.